Friday, August 19, 2005

Well I guess my job is getting better. I was discussing career alternatives with Mike this morning because I just should not be dragging my feet to work already this early in the year. Anyway, the idea that I am only 24 and really could start all over with a new career put me in a considerably better mood today, even though I am still VERY annoyed that I can't hear out of my right ear. It is SO irritating with 25 or so little ones chit chatting.

I don't know what else I want to do though. I would be SO BORED sitting behind a desk all day. Well, not bored. I'm sure I'd be busy. I just don't think that's for me. I thought about counseling. That would get me out of school politics. Then again, many counselors end up in schools anyway.

Well I don't know if i was giving off some kind of a vibe or something but both the principal and the AP made a point to come to me today and tell me that they've both walked by my room many times and that I am doing a fabulous job. They say the kids are having a great time.

That made me feel better.

But I still don't think I will still be doing this when I am 50.

Or 30, for that matter. But I don't hate it (most days, when i can hear out of BOTH ears, I actually like it) so I will keep doing it for awhile, until I think of something better.

In the mean time, i will finish a masters degree in education and then find something else to get another masters in, i guess.

No comments: