Sunday, July 15, 2007

the downswing of summer

I read that phrase in my work email just now and it made me sad. I will be going back to work in less than 4 weeks after having 22 weeks off. I am going back because I want to, and because I love my job. I know that staying home full time is not for me (even though staying home part time probably is and is something I may look into at some point).

Despite that, it will be hard to think of Daniel at home- squirming, laughing, smiling, crying for his mom - while I'm busy tending to a bunch of other peoples' kids at work. At least he will be with Mike, that makes it easier. And I happen to like those "other peoples' kids" quite a bit, too :)

I am leaving for Indianapolis on Thursday. I am spending the weekend with Jessica and Brandon. Kristin and John are coming to pick me up and we are going to Chicago for a family reunion type thing on Saturday. I'll be back late Monday.

Oh, and no good news this week. No bad news either.......we are still waiting. I have been blessed with many distractions this week that calmed me down. We should hear something by Wednesday. I will lose it if we don't :)

No comments: