The power went out at 8:57 this morning - exactly 1hour and 18 minutes before we had to leave for church. Since today is our last Sunday, skipping wasn't an option, and today is hair washing day for me. You all know what happens to my hair when I can't dry and then use the flat iron. Curly frizzy mess.
We have one of those adapters that allows you to plug stuff into the car, so I traipsed out there with my flat iron and blow drier. No go. Wouldn't work. So, it was wet hair for me. I never EVER do this. I think I had to go to work with wet hair once, but I took my styling tools and fixed it in my classroom.
Nobody could tell. No lights at church either. It was fun, actually. No organ, all candle light, only singing hymns that everyone knows since we couldn't read the hymnals. I love love LOVE that our church sings everything in 4 part harmony. I've never been to a church with men that can sing quite like the ones at Zion. So, it was really beautiful.
Since it was so dark, I thought about nursing Patrick sans cover. (It's just easier that way, you know). Of course the lights came on about halfway through the feeding, so it's a good thing I decided against it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment