Friday, March 20, 2009

oh the irony

I guess it's just that time of year, but I have had principals try to interview me for their choir/band openings at the last 2 schools I've subbed at. It just figures. Now that we've made plans to move, things are happening for me here. But.....we have more connections at home and Mike's chances are better there than they are here.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping the morning comes (soon) where I don't wake up either a) angry that Mike's company lured him up here along with his young toddler and unemployed pregnant wife only to let him go 9 months later.....or b) feeling like I'm going to throw up at the thought of August coming and neither of us having any income. It just seems so ridiculous that we both gave up great jobs in Florida for THIS. And it makes me MAD. And nauseous.

And what's up with this? I don't normally post about my subbing adventures (although there have been many. MANY.), but this one is just too good. Today's choir director's lesson plans? Show the film "Josie and the Pussycats." To middle school students. "Mrs. H? Is this about the Pussycat Dolls?" Um, no. The sad thing is, I am probably going to rent it. I've now seen the first 43 minutes of the movie 6 times, so I do need to know how it ends.

Totally random ending to this rambling post, but it's good news, at least. Patrick slept in his crib last night! He's gone from not sleeping period, to only sleeping on my chest, to only sleeping next to me in my bed, to sleeping in the bouncy seat. This week he started sliding out of the bouncy seat and waking himself up......he has to be swaddled and we can't strap him in like that (I told you, I'm mother of the year). So, we moved him to the crib and SUCCESS!

No comments: