I was talking to someone today about the job loss, moving, etc, and this person commented back, "what a nightmare."
I had to say, "actually, it's not." Because it isn't. A nightmare would be having sick children, or losing a family member, or not having family to be here for us while we get all of this sorted out. What we are dealing with is the opposite of a nightmare. It is an opportunity to have the things we never thought we'd have - holidays with family, birthday parties for our kids at our house with everyone there, the chance for our kids to grow up with their grandparents, aunts and uncles as a regular part of their everyday lives. I do hate that it had to happen this way, but I don't hate that it happened....if that makes any sense at all.
My interview went well today, but I will have to wait 2 weeks to find out the results. Mike has interviews this week as well, and hopefully he'll get an answer sooner than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment