Oh how quickly things have changed. I have to remind myself over and over again that, compared to what so many people go through, we are NOT suffering. That if this is the worst thing we have to go through, we are so blessed. But it is hard to think that sometimes when I so desperately want to take my sons home to my own house.
Writing all of that out also reminds me that I still have the most important things on that list. I have Mike, the boys, and my education. The house and the job? While I loved those things so much when I had them and I want them back sooooooooo badly, they are not as important as the other 3.
As you can tell, I am having another crappy day. They are more frequent lately. It seems like when we first heard about the job loss, the bottom fell out from underneath us. We had this picture of what the next 5 or so years would look like, with Mike working at the paper and me staying home until the boys went to school.....and with one crappy email, that all disappeared. Things got better fairly quickly as some answers came to us, job leads came in, and we moved. But now, I guess the reality is setting in as job leads come and go, and we realize that we have no idea what the next 5 months will look like, let alone the next 5 years.
These boys do make me sooo happy, though :) I hope I can make them happy, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment