Not doing such a good job, though. I guess it's silly to be upset...regardless of when I get hired I won't be starting until August, right? I don't know, I just wanted it out of the way....to know for sure that we can get things back to normal (well, a new normal) in a few months. And of course, it's not like Florida here. I'll be lucky to find a job at all, and what happens if I don't? Ugh.
I just keep thinking about how easy it was when we were 22 and didn't have kids. I just flew down to Florida one weekend and came back with a job. Same thing when I wanted my second job: went to the job fair, came home for lunch with an offer. But now that I have kids who need clothes and insurance and whatnot....I can't take care of them.
It is getting harder and harder NOT to think that leaving Florida was a mistake. We both had great jobs there. We had our own house. And sure, we missed our family a LOT, but we were happy. I tell myself over and over.....we have healthy kids. We're both healthy, and we love being near our family. REALLY love it. This is a minor setback in the grand scheme of things. We are happy here......but I wonder how long that will last if we can't get out on our own.
I'm probably overreacting, but I feel rotten about this today.
No comments:
Post a Comment