Monday, July 26, 2004

we're home

Vacation on Sanibel Island was WONDERFUL. We stayed in a little cottage across the street from the beach. It was so cute. Spent pretty much every day laying around either on the beach or on our screened porch. Scooter had his first trip to the beach. He dug himself a little hole in the sand and sat right in it. We spent Saturday riding bikes around the island. I haven't been on a bike since I was 14! It was so much fun though. There aren't many chains or hotels in Sanibel...just boutiques, restaurants that aren't chains, b&b's and rental homes. Romantic :) I'm sad that we had to come home, and now Mike's at work :(

I checked my work email and it turns out that I can get into my classroom tomorrow. I'm glad because I need to get in there and get to work but it's kind of a punch in the stomach right after coming home. Last year I couldn't get in until our first official day back and I was secretly hoping that would happen again, even though I'd complain if it did. I'm excited about getting back in there, but it's also sad to see the summer end. It has been a DREAM spending all day with Mike and then staying up until 4 a.m. watching movies after he got home from work. We'll still do that this week....I will go in when Mike leaves for work (around 1) Tuesday and Wednesday and stay 4-5 hours each day. Thurs and Fri when he's off....no way am I going!!!

I guess we went a little crazy while we were on vacation....the recent newsweek had a huge article about iPod, which we are both obsessed with and talk about constantly. They were going to be our Christmas presents to each other. Well, yay for me, I squander some money away every month to save up for Christmas so we don't get slammed like we did last year and there just happened to be enough in there for 2 iPods. So now we have them and we aren't getting each other anything for Christmas. Christmas in July present, I guess. We're bad.

No comments: