Hurricane Charley is on it's way to Florida!
It's going to hit somewhere between Tampa and Naples, most likely in Sarasota County. I work in Sarasota County! They are already talking about closing the schools on Friday. If it does, we'll still get some serious high winds up here in St. Pete.
I'm looking at the evacuation map ~ we live in the purple section, so that means that we have to leave even if it's just a category 1. Sooooo, if it hits here at all, we have to leave :(
I'm also looking for what needs to be in Charley's Welcome Package. I don't know much about hurricanes, but from looking at the list it looks like the power will probably go out. Flashlights, coolers, phones that plug into a phone jack, etc. Also enough food for a week, bottled water, propane for the grill, pictures of all our stuff.
Anyway, lots of work to do. Hopefully this thing will miss us, although I'm kind of excited in a weird way. Odd :)
No comments:
Post a Comment