I remember being almost excited when Charley threatened to hit us, barely 3 weeks ago. I know that sounds weird.
Now that Ivan is on its way (11 p.m. advisory puts in right in the Tampa Bay Monday night) I'm pretty worn out with this. I like St. Pete and really don't want it to be destroyed. Of course, the models this far out aren't really reliable, and Ivan could go anywhere, but I am tired of checking advisories more often then I check my email. Sick of spending every lunch period in Emilie's room watching a swirly yellow and white blob spin towards my home state.
Of course we are once again taking the necessary precautions. I don't want to be stuck with no place to stay so we are booking a room at the familiar Comfort Inn - Busch Gardens for Sunday and Monday nights, JUST IN CASE. Hopefully we have to cancel.
Mike's work is in the process of booking the ENTIRE Embassy Suites and moving the Tribune there for the duration. If that happened, then we'd both get to stay (FREE) and he'd be working on the paper from the hotel and sending it to press out of county. That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!! (Not as great as Ivan deciding he isn't interested in Florida, of course). I think the Trib wants to avoid paying 25+ hours of overtime again to the people (like Mike) who were stranded in the newsroom and stayed Saturday morning through late late late Sunday night:)
Anyway, from what I hear, the "trough" and "ridge" are steering this thing towards us. Please pray that they both mess up :) I'm ready to get things back to normal around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment