Things have gotten back to normal around here. It was nice to have a normal week....no cancelled school, no rescheduled piano or flute lessons, etc.
I am teaching 5 lessons per week now ~ 2 flute, 3 piano, and holding one open for one of my coworker's daughters. Grrr, I could have filled that spot 5 times by now. Anyway, they are all going very well, at least I think so. My 2 flutes are very happy (well, their parents are and that's what matters....I know the kids are happy too). I'm not sure about my piano ones though...they are all new - 4 weeks, so I guess it's time to have the "Is this what you expected" and "Are you happy with what you are seeing so far" conversation. I charge them all $15 a week, which is apparently a steal in this area ~ I figured it would be when I set my prices. Sarasota is a fairly well-off city. But I feel bad charging even that with the little experience as I have. I suppose I will get better at the one-on-one stuff the longer I do it.
My class (Child Development) is also chugging along just fine. My professor is from Columbia and speaks verrrry slowly, making the 4 hours seem like 6 hours, but the class is interesting so no complaints here. Maybe 2 hours of out of class work on average, more for the 2 papers and 2 tests probably.
Yay for a non-hurricane weekend ~ sunny and gorgeous :) Mike and I laid around all morning (to digest the waffle breakfast I make for him every Sunday) and then went roller blading by Pass-a-Grille Beach. It was fun but still too hot for that. Probably in another month or so things will cool off enough to have fun at the beach again. Let's see....he's working Saturday DAYS now, which I LOVE because I have a whole day to get things done (work out, nails, cleaning, grocery/Target). I get to look forward to him coming home all day :) We usually go out after but this week we went to church (we are Saturday night church people now) and had Kelly over for movies.
Friday night was our fun night ~ went to Splitsville in Tampa with Kat, Kelly, Emilie, and Eddie. Dinner and bowling fun in Channelside, woohooo!
Busy week ahead: community band starts Monday, open house fun on Tuesday, formal eval on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment