Sunday, November 7, 2004

heaven

Wow what a fantastic weekend.....

We went to St. Augustine for my birthday this weekend. It is such an amazing place, I think it's my favorite Mike and I have been to so far!!!

We left Friday morning (I took off work, 1st day we've been off together since the end of July) and stopped in Orlando to shop for about an hour. Our room at Our House (the B&B) was so beautiful!!! There was a georgeous four poster bath tub near the bed with a chandelier over it. It is really hard to describe, that's how much we loved it....go to www.ourhousestaugustine.com for some pics.

Friday night we just walked around looking at the art exhibits. Dave at the B&B also served some yummy snacks and wine before we left.

We spend the WHOLE day saturday sight seeing. We saw the site of the first catholic mass in America, the fort (i forgot what it is called), ate at a really fun outdoor pub, then walked around in the historic district....we saw the living museum and went in some antique shops.

After napping in the hammock back at the B&B (sigh) we had some lovely snacks again, followed by some Italian liquor (forgot what it is called) that was VERY bitter.

Dinner was eh, although the outdoor restaurant was really pretty. Afterwards we went on a ghost tour in a carriage around the city....oh so romantic, yay!!!!

Sad to see it end :( I miss Mikey during the school year and I had him all to myself for 2 days!!!!! That was the best part of the whole weekend, yay!

Norah Jones Friday night!! Wooooooooo, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: