Friday, July 1, 2005

happy july!

Hello!

Nothing too new going on here! I'm still working on those 2 big projects, but they are both due next
week so this will be my last weekend to deal with those. Yahoo!!

I was trying to work on them last Sunday but got sidetracked and booked a last-minute trip to New Orleans for our anniversary instead :) We are leaving the 13th and coming back the 15th. I've never been there so I'm very excited about it! And, we don't have to board Scooter because we even found a house sitter, yay!!!

I'm never excited about going back to work until I actually get there. We started on my classroom Wednesday, and wow, I am sooooo glad we got in there early! It REALLY needs some work! There's a lot of old stuff that just hasn't been touched in years and dust and grime that needs to be cleaned. There is also a storage closet FULL of stuff that I don't think anyone has used in awhile - old props, costumes from the 80s, broken instruments, etc. Just takes someone like me to get in there and clean it all out :) I hate clutter, dirt, and keeping things you know you'll never use so I'm having a field day in there. It is making me very excited about starting and I can't wait for the cleaning and organizing to be over and for the REAL setting up to start - choosing bulletin board fabrics, figuring out the seating arrangement, setting up my instruments, getting my desk the way I want it :) YAY!!!!! Can't wait to meet the kids (and the other teachers!) either!

Only bad thing - I don't see Mike much during the school year :( It's been a short, busy summer. My summer semester is only 10 weeks long and I worked for the 1st two weeks and I'll go back to work the last week of it. At least I REALLY like my job!!!

Onward to get these projects done.

No comments: