If I'm on the computer I'm either:
a) working on my multicultural literature anthology
b) working on my methods unit
or
c) procrastinating working on either a or b
Anyway, I guess you've all been out of the loop so here is an update.
I hate to be negative, but it has really been a crappy summer, at least in comparison with last year. My classes have been a huge pain ......I don't remember them being that way last year, Mike says he remembers me being just as crabby. Anyway, even though I get to see my friends there I hate going and I hate doing the work. I don't need to write another classroom management plan, or have someone tell me how to write a unit plan, or have someone make me feel like scum because I don't teach special ed in a title school, or have someone with a phD read to me out of a textbook.
Anyway, I haven't gotten to spend as much time with Mike this summer either. He got a new job at the Trib - he's a senior sports designer now which is GREAT. He will be so much happier doing that. But, it meant a schedule change and now his days off happen to be 2 nights when I have class. And I'm gone 2 days a week for volunteering, teaching lessons, and (you guessed it) another class. Just doesn't seem to be much down time for us just to hang out. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that we have a house now and spend a lot of time pulling weeds, cutting grass, figuring out what the heck is eating our oleanders, and talking to the termite people.
I have learned that termites are just a fact of life in Florida. We are lucky that we don't have to tent. They are going to inject something into the "infested" walls. I HATE that word. Infested. Makes my skin crawl. Anyway, it is still costing $1000 so I don't exactly feel "lucky" about the no tenting thing.
That's an awful lot of complaining for someone who sleeps until 10.......or 11......or 12 five days a week. I guess I'm just grouchy because my orientation for work overlaps with my last week of class, meaning: NO WEEKS OFF :( I might be a bit more tolerant of the other crap if I knew I was getting a week or two to veg at the end of it all.
The good news:
Only one more summer of this and I will graduate! And get a raise!
I got a job! You probably all know that by now but I hadn't put it in here yet. I am really excited and happy about that. My new school is only a 5 minute drive from here, and it is MUCH smaller than Ashton is. I am by myself, except for the 1-2 days a week that someone comes in to help me :) I also have a very large room that I have already moved all my stuff into, yahoo! It will be soooooo nice to be so close. I might even get home in time to eat with Mike before he goes to work sometimes!!!!
We are still loving our house :) We tossed the old coffee table and got a great deal on 4 ottomans. We found a really cute tray and so we are using the ottomans as coffee table/extra seating :) It is so cute!!! And our flowers outside are doing great, except for the oleanders. We are battling caterpillars on those but I'm good with a spray tank and some pesticide so I think we'll win this one.
Hopefully I'll be in a better mood once these two projects are over. I'm going to work on them for the next 28 minutes or so until Mike gets home. Talk to you later!
No comments:
Post a Comment