Sunday, May 22, 2005

ugh

This email I just wrote to my methods class says it all:

Anybody still need the textbook "Methods for Effective Teaching?" I have a used one to sell for $50. (They are $70 new).

I bought it new Tuesday, ran across a used copy Thursday and bought that too, intending to return the new one. Didn't realize the drop/add period ended already so now I can't return either of them.

So....I'll sell you the used one, unless of course you'd like to take the new one off my hands :) Let me know! Thanks!

Ugh.

I also just wrote a note to a parent to drop her kid's piano lessons. This parent is worth WAY more than $15 a lesson. She apparently doesn't have time to read the messages that I leave her on the piano telling her things like: "Please write the school a note so your daughter can ride with me - her bus has been late and is running me 15 minutes behind on lessons" or "You owe me $105 in past lesson payments." So I called her to remind her to write the school a note about tomorrow. She was SO rude and told me once more how ridiculous I am for requiring cash payments and that she doesn't have time to run to the bank for $15 tomorrow. I remind her that tomorrow it will be $120. Well, you're just going to have to take a check if you want to be paid. Fine. Immediately after I composed the note saying I would contact them in the fall to start up again if I am still working in Sarasota.

Good enough reason for me to get a job in Tampa!!!!

Job fair day is June 2nd - please pray that I get a school close to my house. I'm serious, please pray. I don't want to drive next year.

Which means.......

Lots of goodbyes tomorrow and Tuesday. Lots of tears. But then summer will start (YIPPEEEEEE I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!) and (hopefully) I will move onto new things!!!!!!

No comments: