Well it's full speed ahead now to the beginning of school. Orientation was all week last week - just barely survived that along with finals.
Worked in my classroom for a good 6 hours today. I was a bit thrown - there was a custodian in there ALL DAY. I don't like having other people in my room when I'm trying to get it ready - even Mike is used to being told to get out when I'm tense about not having enough time to get everything done. Well, this guy BLARED spanish music ALL DAY on my boombox. I wanted to just crawl out of my skin, it made me so tense.
Anyway, we got all 3 bulletin boards up - fabric and boarders, no decor on them yet, but I know what is going on 2 of them. Gotta find the Ellison machine. Also cleaned out a very cluttered supply closet and got a lot of the last minute stuff organized.
They are going to get the portable stage out of my room tomorrow or Wednesday and then shampoo the carpet. Then I can get my room arrangement nailed down. First official day back is Wednesday, I'll have to wait until at least then to do some of the paperwork - don't know how my schedule is organized or anything like that yet.
So, I have tomorrow, Friday, Monday, Wednesday to get my room ready for the kiddos. All-day meetings all the other days. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment