Well today is technically my last day of summer. With getting a new job, cleaning out the classroom, all the company, volunteer hours, studying, and classes, it really was a non-summer. I'm glad it's over and I'm ready to get back to my routine. Even though that means not waiting up late for Mike :(
Not much to do in room 402 today. Mike cleaned all of the nasties out of my Orff instruments. They were SO gross, I was just going to leave them be but Mike volunteered. I paced a lot. Hung my timeline, put magnets on the back of my patriotic songs so they'll stick on my white board, cleaned off a couple of things. Bitched about the fact that we spent 2 weeks cleaning out my closet and practice rooms and they are even grosser than before.
I did plan my essential objectives for August and September. That's pretty much the only useful thing I accomplished today.
Tomorrow is the Welcome Back breakfast. I hate those things. Well, I hate them when you're new. It's just like going to lunch when you are a freshman in high school. Plus, this time I'm all on my own. I'm not a beginning teacher anymore so they won't give me a mentor to hide behind until I learn the ropes of the school. Nor will I have a Joan to serve as my security blanket for the first 6 months. This is all good, of course, I'm just nervous about tomorrow - once I get the "social structure" of the school figured out, I'll be fine.
Tonight's to-do:
Checkbook must be balanced and bills paid. Being nervous about tomorrow is not an excuse not to do this.
Write out essential objectives for each unit this year.
Office Depot and Target for more classroom stuff.
Bed early. Won't see Mike until tomorrow morning :(
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment