so this new job thing might be ok.
The first day shook me pretty bad, I had a terrible feeling about pretty much everything. Yesterday and today both got better, though. The PE teacher is very friendly - he's about my age and has been great about showing me the ropes. The other younger teachers are nice too - several of us are going out tomorrow night, should be fun. Mike came in and fixed the sound system today and went out to lunch with a group of us. So I'm meeting people.
I am a bit nervous about my situation with my principal. I haven't really been assertive about asking questions or anything like that. That's because the mold in my classroom has given me some fabulous allergy thing, complete with stuffy nasty runny nose. So the last thing I want to do is go in her office and sneeze all over her. I also only scheduled 2 programs for the year and nixed the idea of a winter/holiday program - they put me on the spot there though, calendar meeting was within my first 2 hours of working there. I kinda want to wait until i get a feeling for the culture of the school before i jump in head first into a whole bunch of elaborate programs.
Anyway, my classroom is continuing to look better. Got lots more done today, and they are even fogging my room to get rid of the mold over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment