The school year has gotten off to a great start! It has been hard with all of the nasty mold growing in my classroom, but I'm armed with Claritin and Sinofresh so this week should be better :) The kids are really great and I think I am going to fit in well with the staff. I've been feeling overwhelmed and inadequate for the huge responsibility I have, but I think every teacher goes through that.
Not much else going on besides work lately, which REALLY sucks. Mike works weekends now, and K&K have been busy doing other stuff I guess. So it's been pretty quiet around here. The younger crowd from work has been going out and I do stuff with them for lack of something better to do, but I really don't want to get into the habit of making my colleagues my social circle.
I'm also tired of hanging out with people I barely know. That's just not fun.
I started rehearsals with my choir at church today. My ears are all plugged up, thanks to the mold, so I can't really tell you how that went because I couldn't hear them. My accompanist didn't show so I had to plunk the parts out on the piano. Mike says it went well, but he doesn't match pitch so I'm not sure I believe him.
Pretty standard week ahead: lessons start ($$$$$$!) and a full week of work. no USF until next week, i'm enjoying the time off :)
Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment