Sunday, October 23, 2005

School is cancelled for tomorrow :( Normally I'd be THRILLED but I have a program in less than 3 weeks and I need all the rehearsals I can get. Very nervous about my first show at my new school - there are a ton of kids involved and my stage is not very big.....plus, we haven't had much time on stage to get organized. They are singing pretty well, I just don't want to look disorganized in front of the whole school.

The storm is worse here than I expected. I keep remembering Charley when we were supposed to take a direct Cat 4 hit last year. It ended up going a couple of hours south of here but we didn't get so much as a thunderstorm. Guess that was just a smaller system. Wilma could get nasty for us tonight and tomorrow. Not like the windows are rattling or anything, but it's pretty rainy and blustery.

Not a bad weekend.....ran errands all day Saturday, then had KK&A over here for pumpkin carving fun. Went to church today. The choir was unusually nice to me today.....I picked a somewhat strange version of Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word to sing for reformation next Sunday. It is really cool, just has some harmonies that they are not used to hearing or singing. The organist kept complaining about how weird it was, but even one of my most cranky older members went on and on and on about how much she loves it. HA!

Mike went into work early, they moved deadline up 3 hours because of the storm. He'll be home at 9:30, that will be nice.

Hopefully this will be a better week at work (even though I'm going to be tense about the program from now until about 8 p.m. on Nov. 10th). I have never worked as hard at anything in my life as I do at this job, but it always seems like it isn't good enough. There is not a day that goes by when someone doesn't bleed, hit, kick, fight, or cry in my room. Granted, I do see up to 250 students per day, leaving lots of room for things to happen.....and I am doing the very best I know how to keep them emotionally and physically safe, but it never seems to be good enough. So many good things go on, but the only thing my principal ever sees or hears about are the 2 or 3 moments a day when someone is crying. She hasn't said anything, it's just a vibe I'm getting. Anyway, their behavior has FINALLY started to improve, and I think most of them are having fun and learning with me.....it's just all of the other stuff that happens.

Lazy rainy day tomorrow, should be nice (even though I wish we were rehearsing!)

No comments: