and by the two of us, I mean Daniel and I. We haven't been alone since the night my water broke :) Don't get me wrong, it has been VERY nice to have the company and help, I'm just not used to having people around constantly, and certainly not every day for 3 weeks!!! But, Mike had to go back to work and now all the parents are gone so Daniel and I are getting things back to normal. Well, a new normal now that he is on the outside. Taking care of him no longer involves me laying on the couch, eating whatever I want, and avoiding alcohol and heavy lifting.
Speaking of eating whatever I wanted while I was pregnant....I went shopping for an Easter dress over the weekend. UGH. Size 12. I didn't buy it. Maybe I will be down to a 10 by the end of the week???
However.
I can reach my toes. Not just reach them, but do an all-out pedicure on them. The last time I did that was before Thanksgiving and I remember it being quite uncomfortable. Now, having the uninterrupted time to do this again might be complicated now that my mother has left, but the important thing is that I am ABLE to do it.
So there is good news and bad news. Even though I still have some weight to lose, it is amazing how fast pregnancy undoes itself. No more heartburn. Or insane itching. Or difficulty rolling over in bed. Or constant peeing. I can even put my pants on, all by myself.
If you are reading this, you are probably wanting info about the baby, not my newfound admiration of my not-swollen-anymore ankles. Soo....... he is perfect :) The jaundice is gone, and he weighed 9 pounds at his appointment on Friday. I think he is going through a growth spurt, he has been eating constantly today. As far as sleeping, he will go a couple of nights where he sleeps for 4-5 hours at a time and wakes up once. Then, there will be a night when he won't sleep. At all. That was last night. Not so bad for me, because I can catch up the next day when he is napping. Not so good for Mike, though, especially since he worked 7 days in a row this first week back.
No comments:
Post a Comment