Friday, April 13, 2007

outings

I went to Target all by myself yesterday!!!!! It was so liberating not pushing a stroller, lugging an infant carseat or carrying around a giant diaper bag. I felt like my old self again. Well, not quite. Pretty much everything about browsing the diaper aisle Target at 1:00 on a Thursday afternoon screams "mommy," but of course that's ok. Daniel is worth it :)

Meanwhile at home, Mike had his first afternoon all by HIMself with baby Daniel. I left him with a screaming hungry dirty wet angry baby (on purpose, hee hee) and came home to a clean, happy, sleeping baby. He's such a great dad. Daniel took his first bottle with no problem, which is GREAT because now I can do other "outings" like this and know everything will be ok.

I went out AGAIN today (this is a big week for me) and took Daniel with me. He met the Seminole crew today :) I was so nervous (why, I don't know) but he slept the whole time. Then I came home and cried because my hormones are a mess and I miss the people at work and it gets lonely here by myself w/ Daniel. I love him to death but he's not much for conversation. Anyway. It was sooo good to see everyone again, it's been a month but feels like forever.

We also went to the Trib to introduce Daniel to the newspaper geeks. He was awake there and just looked at all of the people he got to meet.

Of course, now I feel terrible because he is totally overstimulated and was an absolute mess when I got him home. It took me forever to calm him down, but now he's sleeping next to me on the couch and I dare not move. So, the house stays messy, oh well.

Speaking of my couch!!! I am such a dork to be so excited, but we are getting a new couch and chair!! You don't know how much I HATE our couches and as of Tuesday, they are GONE and we are getting beautiful new leather furniture :) Our recent experiences with "guests without a guest room" inspired us to purchase a sleeper sofa. I was practically dancing in the store, I was so happy. Such a nerd, I know :)

My baby was one month old yesterday. Can you believe it??? Sometimes I wish he could stay as tiny as he was in the hospital forever, and it makes me sad to think of how short babyhood is and how quickly he is going to grow up. But of course, it will be fun to watch him grow up. SIGH.

No comments: