(these are in random order)
1. Traveling alone with a baby is a lot harder than I imagined. I had my sling and stroller to make it easier, but when I was planning I forgot that my baby does not just lay quietly in my arms or the stroller. He moves and wiggles constantly. He was pretty good, though!!!
2. You all have got to see Jessica as a wife. She and Brandon are adorable, and Jessica is really a great hostess.
3. Kristin & John McComersons drove us to Chicago in her new McCar. The McParty wouldn't have been any fun at all without them.
4. I learned several new terms, including "Krissie Cake" and "big potty."
5. My new favorite show is "Man vs. Wild" thanks to Jessica.
6. I officially do not want to live right in the city if/when we move. Jess, Ginger, Daniel and I took a couple of walks in these absolutely ADORABLE neighborhoods in Her City, complete with kids riding their bikes and everything.
7. People are much nicer to you when you are traveling with a baby. All kinds of people offered to help me, even little kids. I also got some free snacks at a store in the Atlanta airport because "your baby is just so cute."
8. The guy checking id's and tickets at the security checkpoint in ATL takes his job way way way too seriously. And that's saying something, considering he does have a very serious job. I think he stared at me for a full 30 seconds, then took another 30 seconds looking at my id picture. Then he laughed for probably 5 minutes because my baby farted. "I've never heard one do that before!! hahahaha." It's not that funny. I told him it was probably more than just a fart and asked if he would like to change his diaper. He piped down.
9. The whole reason for this trip was for my dad's cousins' 50th wedding anniversary party. It was mostly distant relatives that I haven't seen since my wedding. It was good to see them, but I didn't know anyone all that well (except for my aunt and cousin, I was glad to see them). I wouldn't classify the party as "fun," but I am glad that I went.
10. Daniel has started rolling alllllllll over the place. He also smiles at everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) and stares at food. He grabs at my plate and reaches for every bite I take. This one will be ready for food when I'm ready in another month and a half :)
11. If you miss the I-65 exit off I-90, you are on your way to South Bend unless you do an illegal u-turn. Kristin, let's hope they don't mail you a ticket :)
12. The whole thing was toppped off by arriving at TIA at 2:18 a.m. We were supposed to be in by midnight. We pulled back into the gate at ATL after sitting on the runway for 20 minutes because there was something wrong with the plane. They called a mechanic, fixed it, got us back out there, sat there for another 20 minutes, pulled us back into the gate again, called the mechanic again, pulled allllll of us off the plane and put us on another one. Tired is not the word. Also, my arm was asleep from holding the baby.
13. One extra outfit in the diaper bag is NOT enough for an airplane trip. I don't think 4 would have been enough, the way yesterday went.
14. The weather in Lafayette and Chicago was AMAZING. Down in the 50s at night, 70s during the day. I think it's the coldest Daniel's ever been. Very uncharacteristic for the Midwest in summer, but it was niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment