Well, i bid on an ebay item, not realizing that the shipping costs MORE than the item itself. UGH. Please please please don't let me win. I bid on a pair of dumbells with an adjustable weight. I'm reading a book that says you should vary your training program every week to get maximum benefit, so that your body doesn't get used to it.
Of course, I would have to be IN a training program for that to be true. I'm sure my body is plenty used to Nacho Suprise and Publix Low Fat Ice Cream, but not to weight training.
Anyway, I'm going to try the method suggested by this so-called Bible of Women's Fitness. Hopefully without the dumbells, and the $100 postage stamp they want to put on them.
Paycheck was better today....don't know if I mentioned this before but my first check was the LOWEST i've had since I graduated from college. That's quite painful when you've put 2 long hard years in, plus 1 1/2 years in on a masters and a whole summer cleaning out a moldy nasty room that made you sick and hard of hearing for the first 3 weeks of school. But it was better today, not sure why, nothing has changed and I worked the same number of days that I did last pay period, but I'll take it.
Auditioned chorus this week. Was only going to take those who can match pitch but then decided to consult the former teacher's lists from last year and take everyone she took. Well, there was a HUGE discrepancy between her choices and mine. She took a LOT of people who just cannot match pitch at all. But trust me, cutting all those people is WAY more trouble than it is worth.
Until I looked at my numbers and realized that I have a 1-3 chorus with 80 some odd kids and a 4-5 chorus with 50 some odd kids. They are all supposed to perform together at my first performance at the school for Veterans Day after 1 practice per week until then. I'll tell you right now, that is totally IMPOSSIBLE. So I split the 1st graders off and will have them sing a couple of patriotic songs, and put the 2-5th graders on the risers for the rest of the show. Nothing fancy for this one, there are just too many kids. But I don't see any way around it. Super stressed about that, my first program can NOT be a disaster.
anyway.
i'm playing online poker so i have to go. losing tons of play chips.
No comments:
Post a Comment