Friday, November 9, 2007

it happened

i've been worried about this happening to me since august 10th and it finally did:

i was walked in on while pumping today.

i was in my office, which is in my *locked* classroom with my lights off and shades pulled. my office doesn't lock but it has a large sign with a stop sign that says "do not enter" on it.

it was the new custodian. i don't think he understands a whole lot of english, but come on, the big stop sign on the door is pretty obvious. he walked in and i said, "please don't come in!!!" as i am trying to hide what i'm doing. he said, "this here?" and pointed to my mic stand. (the custodians had been moving my sound equipment for me). i yelled, "SHUT THE DOOR!!!!" and he said "oh, ok" and left the mic stand outside. sheesh.

i apologized to him and the head custodian later for yelling and explained that i was pumping, but i don't think either of them had a clue what had happened. good.

at least it wasn't a kid. (no way it ever would be, i explained the importance of the "do not enter" sign on day numero uno and they are scared to go in there even if i ask them to.)

surprisingly, that wasn't the worst part of my day, but we won't go into that..............

1 comment:

Nina said...

I was walked in on. I was in my locked classroom and another teacher (male) wanted to know why I had the door locked and walked right in. I wanted to beat him.

I hope the look at the do not enter sign the next time!