Tuesday, January 13, 2009

somebody tell me why I got rid of my fat jeans

seriously.

With the exception of my pregnancies and the immediate postpartum weeks, I have worn the same size ever since I stopped shopping in the junior department at Lazarus circa 2000.........until I discovered pilates and Weight Watchers. (Well, and breastfeeding. Haha.) After I had Daniel, I worked for months to get rid of the whopping 60 pounds I gained, and ended up losing even more and going down a size. Yippee!!

So, I packed up all of my old clothes, knowing I would be pregnant again soon and would probably pull them out for those early weeks of pregnancy and then again after the baby came. And I'm so happy I did - I love those clothes and while I am anxious to lose the last 10 pounds, I am enjoying wearing my old dress clothes again.

BUT WHERE ARE MY JEANS????????

Apparently the only pair of bigger jeans I saw fit to keep were the ones I wore to lay sod in our backyard, and you can imagine what those look like. I keep thinking there MUST be a giant stash of jeans hidden somewhere in the abyss of our basement, but Mike says he's been through everything. Ugh.

So, I am sworn to wearing sweat pants and (gasp) my maternity jeans until I can get back to my "post Daniel, pre Patrick" size. Hopefully it won't be long. Weight watchers and pilates are once again working their magic :)

No comments: