I play on the computer while nursing Patrick. I get bored just sitting around, and he's still little enough to want to eat all the time, so I spend quite a bit of time in front of the computer.
My message boards are slow tonight (normal people are out on Saturday night, I guess), so I decided to read all of my old MySpace comments. And it made me miss Tampa. So many fun memories! I have been thinking about everyone a lot this week. I've actually talked to a few people this week for various reasons.....several friends, my old boss, one of my choir members.....and the question has been "WHY DON'T YOU COME BACK TO TAMPA?"
To be honest, if our house had not sold, that would probably be a very real option. When I talked to my boss, she told me she could get me another job, no problem. So, I'd be gainfully employed with insurance and we'd just live in the house we'd be paying for anyway. I know, I know, the whole point of coming up here in the first place was to get closer to family, and we've accomplished that, but who can say no to employment at a time like this?
Anyway, moving back would not make sense because we don't have a place to live down there. Reason #1 why that isn't an option. Reason #2 is that we moved here to get closer to family. We don't want to be far away again.
Had it not been for our family living far away, we never would have left Tampa. One of the people I talked to was surprised when I told her I missed it. I hope that people don't think we left because we were unhappy! That certainly was not the case. We loved our jobs, our house, our church, our friends. It was just too far away. I knew we'd have to move someday, and I was anxious about it. Wondering where it would be, when it would happen, etc. I did not want to raise Daniel so far away from his entire family. Maybe that came off as unhappy?
I am just missing that part of our life so much right now. I'm sad that they haven't gotten to meet Patrick.
No comments:
Post a Comment