We had another very spring-like day today, so we headed to the park after Daniel's non-nap. I will miss very few things about Columbus, but the park is definitely on the short list of things I will miss very much. (Not that I dislike Columbus, we just haven't been here long enough to really get attached to anything). Anyway, it was Patrick's first visit to the park awake. I put him in the Sleepy Wrap facing out so he could see the world. I feel like I'm showing it to him for the first time, as he's just now spending most of the day awake. Who wants to be awake for the winter, anyway.
Daniel and I spent most of the summer at the park. We went every day after an early dinner and stayed there until bath time. We loved to people-watch, as that park is always very crowded, and Daniel loves the playground. I have great memories of our walks, and of watching my belly grow in the reflections of car windows as we walked by (We don't have any full length mirrors in our apartment, so I was always kind of surprised by how big I was getting when I caught my reflection in a window!) It was fun to show Patrick the place where we spent so much of our time before he was born.
Other great memories in C-bus:
1) our church
2) the fountains at Easton
3) staying home with my sons
4) Sara's visits
5) GV (my "hood," as I was told by some of the students I subbed for last week. They taught me how to "throw up your hood." Awesome.)
6) Watching it snow from the windows in the hospital the day I had Patrick
1 comment:
Kara, Anytime you are feeling brave and in the neighborhood you are welcome to brave Akin Park with Lyla and I. She is just now getting into spending time at the park and she thinks swinging is a blast. We go almost everyday! It's no Riverside Castle (which will be fun for you also) but it can be a fun place where there's usually no competition for the swings. Bayard Park is also very fancy these days. I never knew the South side had so many great parks until Lyla came along! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're moving to town!
Post a Comment