Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.
I honestly don't know why I worry, and I hope the past year or so has taught me that it is absolutely useless. God always works things out in His way and in His time.
Mike and I have a contract on a house. It is a great house that will be amazing when we finish with it. 1800 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. More space than we've EVER had. Like, double the square footage of any home or apartment we've had together. We'll be going from 3 cabinets and maybe a foot of counter space in the kitchen (not exaggerating) to this ginourmous kitchen with tons of cabinets and plenty of space to work. It has a nice privacy fenced in backyard, a fireplace, and CLOSETS!!! Another thing Mike and I have never had :) I've never been a fan of mid century style houses, but this one (1950) is just really unique. Natural wood ceilings. :)
I'm hesitant to post pictures, because honestly, the pics don't do it justice. I was lukewarm on it until we went inside - then, of course, I fell in love. I will probably put some up when we get that awful carpet out. Yes, there is hardwood underneath!!!
For those of you familiar with the area, it is near where Mike and I went to high school. I won't go into more detail than that, as this is a public blog.
Of course, our challenges are far from over.....I haven't even started this job yet, and I know it will be challenging in the beginning. Mike's business is going well, but we know there will be ups and downs with that. It does seem like things are on the upswing, though.
I do like we are more equipped than ever to deal with the downswings that life gives us. Even if there are more disappointments in store for us this summer as we get me started back to work and finalize the deal on this house, I know we can do it.
1 comment:
I'm so glad everything is working out for you and Mike! Congrats on the new job and house!
Post a Comment