We are loving the workouts. I feel like my arms and legs are more toned, but that my abs are not as toned. (You all know I don't think there is any match for Pilates when it comes to ab toning, though). We feel better and enjoy working out - the 3 workouts on the DVD are HARD and we feel like we are really getting a lot out of it.
Except. I am gaining weight.
I cannot understand this. I exercise hard 4-5 times per week. I have 2 busy boys to chase after. I am still nursing, what, 5-6 times a day? Yes, there are leftover desserts from Matt's rehearsal dinner hanging around here and I partake in them sometimes more than once a day. However, this has been the case since we got here in March. It seems like we have been partying for this wedding since the first shower in April, so although I am not eating great, it's not like there is any reason for me to have suddenly put on a few pounds.
What is very strange is that I quit really trying to eat well around this point after Daniel was born (7ish months), and I continued to drop weight like crazy until I got pregnant with Patrick. No, I didn't have snacks around the house, but there was always something yummy in the lounge at Seminole.
So I don't know. I find it odd that the weight gain started right around the time I started the DVD, but I find it hard to believe that a hard workout that BURNS calories would cause me to gain weight. It's back to tracking food on gyminee.com today (which has now become dailyburn.com). I've always had success tracking on weekdays only, so we'll see how that goes.
By the way, I'm not big into the actual "number" of my weight. If I look good in my clothes, I'm happy. However, my jeans did not fit this morning :(
No comments:
Post a Comment