A bit late, as he'll be 10 months in a couple of weeks, but anyway.
Weight: 20 pounds, 12 ounces - 50th percentile
Height: 27.75 inches - 26th percentile
Mike took him to the appointment, and Dr. R is happy with his progress. Amusing story: Pediatrician who has no children (and thus, has never breastfed a baby) tells my husband (who has never breastfed a baby) how and when I should wean Patrick. With my 2 1/2 year old (who I HAVE breastfed and successfully weaned) sitting right there.
Um, seriously?
I also think it is a bit presumptive to talk to a 9 month old's parents about weaning, as some people continue to age 2 and beyond. Not us (I quit with Daniel when he was around 13 months), but she didn't know that. Not to mention that I've obviously DONE IT BEFORE.
Anyway, I just find that entertaining. I probably would have had a hard time not laughing at her had I been there. I took Patrick to his 6 month appointment, and she fed me all this crap that you obviously know if you've already had a kid, like how to introduce solid foods. Whatever, lady.
Oooh, they also gave us this paper telling us that it is important to let the baby cry it out at this age so they sleep through the night. Again, something we do and agree with, but not everyone does. There's no right or wrong way to teach the baby to sleep, you know?
2 comments:
Oh man, I can only think of the mommybloggers that would unload hot fiery fury on your pediatrician... These are hotbutton internet topics, man!
i keep telling myself that they do that because I look REALLY young and maybe have no clue what I am doing with a nine month old child. I do a lot of smiling and nodding at this point.
Post a Comment