I have been trying to fit some vintage pieces into our 1950 ranch. Our style is really more of a modern take on retro, but at the same time, I like staying true to the style of our house and kind of honoring its heritage. If that makes any sense, haha. I've been successful with a few pieces at garage and estate sales for the living room, even though that room is still FAR from what I want. It will take way more money than I currently have to do it right. The boys' rooms have to come first.
Anyway, this baby was well-timed on one aspect - had I not become pregnant this year, I would have decorated the little room as the boys' bedroom and the big room as their playroom. Meaning, I would possibly have to redecorate for a #3 someday. Someday came early, so I just have to wait until the end of August/beginning of September to get started.
Here's our plan: if baby is a boy, all 3 boys sleep in the same room, and we keep the big room as a playroom. Having a playroom is the best.thing.ever. and I do not wish to give it up. Plus, I dislike keeping toys in the bedroom. Very distracting for little boys who need to sleep.
If baby is a girl, no more playroom. Baby girl gets the little room, big boys get the big room. I am kind of thinking of a retro Barbie theme with pink and black for baby girl. Fun?
I have been brainstorming ideas for the boys' room since January and just didn't have the perfect idea. Until last week. Tell me you love this: we are doing a SPACE AGE room!!! Think about it, there are tons of little kid space things out the for decor, and I have found a TON of vintage stuff to give it the 50s/60s touch we are looking for. SO. EXCITED. I have already purchased a few items (below), and am just waiting to find out if the little or big room gets this awesome decor!!!
Here's what we are thinking:
Twin over full bunk bed from Ikea. That way friends or cousins have a place to sleep over, plus, Daniel and Patrick can both sleep on the full bottom bunk if Daniel isn't quite ready for the top when this all goes down.
I found this rug that I completely LOVE on sale!!!

And these sheets. It doesn't come in crib size, so I will have to find something else for baby if it's a boy.

1 comment:
I love it! Great ideas all around. I can't wait to see what you do with your decorating plans. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see if it is a boy or girl!! :)
Lacy
Post a Comment