12:45
Me: Ok Daniel, 15 minutes until your nap
Daniel: NO! NO! NO! I don't want to go to bed. (Screaming, hollering, throwing self in floor.)
12:50
Daniel: Two minutes til my nap, right mommy?
Me: Uh....right....
12:51
Daniel: ok, bedtime. Night mommy!
Me: Uh...ok!
12:52
I high-tail it to the shower.
1:10
Out of shower. Lots of thumping and nonsense talking going on in the room.
1:11-2:00
Thumping and talking continues. I wait it out. Sometimes he falls asleep......
2:01
Creeeeeeeeeeeeak. Door opens. Daniel emerges and announces, "Ok, I slept!"
No nap today, I guess.
3:00
Screaming from the bedroom. Patrick is up.
3:01-4:30
Playing, frequently interrupted by screaming and shouts of "MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!" This usually has to do with Daniel taking a toy from Patrick.
4:30
Me: Ok Daniel, time to pick up your toys and take them to the playroom
Daniel: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I CAN'T!!!!
Me: You got all of these toys out, you can put them back.
Daniel: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't have to!! I need DADDDDDY!!!!! Dissolves into tears and fits and falls asleep crying on the couch.
5:30
Daniel emerges, red, puffy eyes and all. I'm hungry.
Me: We'll eat when Daddy gets home.
Daniel: BUT I'M HUUUUUUUUUUUUUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More tears and hysterics.
6:05
White car pulls into the driveway (finally), bringing happy shouts of "daddy!" from our children
6:15
Dinner is served.
Daniel: Mmmm, I love kinis (zucchini). Mmm, and pasta too. Yuuummmmmmmmmmm.
6:16
Mike cuts up a portion and puts half on each child's plate
Daniel: Nooooooooooooooo, I don't want Patrick's food! It's yuck! I don't like kinis!!! No kinis!!!!
Mike: It's time to pray.
Daniel: Noooooooooooooo, I don't want to pray!!!!
Me: You can either stop crying and pray with us or you can go to your room.
Daniel is completely inconsolable. We take him to his bed and continue dinner.
6:20
I go to Daniel's room. Would you like to come back to the table?
Daniel: Yes (very VERY red puffy eyes now)
6:21
Daniel: Ooooooh, kinis!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE kinis!!!!
6:30
Me: ok Daniel, let's get these toys picked up.
Daniel: Screaming, crying tantrum like above.
Me: Fine, I'll just share my ice cream with Patrick then.
Daniel: Silence.
6:32
Daniel begins picking up toys, 2 hours after the original request was made. Tells himself, "I'm so proud of you, Daniel" as he cleans up.
6:40
Daniel: Where's my ice cream????
SIGH.
1 comment:
Hysterical!!
Post a Comment