Monday, August 2, 2010

can i do this?

I did it last year, but I had Mike home. He was here all day (working, of course), but he was here. When I gave 150% to the musical, he was here when I got home. Dinner was ready. He cleaned it up, gave the kids their baths, and put them in bed while I tried to keep my eyes open long enough to get through one tv show with him.

Can I do it with him at work?

He won't get home until after 8. The kids will have been with a sitter for 6 hours by the time I get home. Dinner won't even be prepped, not to mention cooking, serving, and cleaning it up. Baths and bedtime by myself. What will my house LOOK like with 2 kids here all day with Matt????

I am scared of being too tired, scared of resorting to prepackaged frozen meals for my kids, scared of my house being too messy, scared of my 150% just NOT being enough this time. I won't even have time to get used to being back at work before the insanity begins. I want the musical over with before the baby comes, meaning auditions will be almost immediate, followed by 5 day a week rehearsals until 5.

When it comes to balancing kids and work, I have found that the anticipation of what it will be like is always way worse than actually doing it. I hope that applies this time, too.

No comments: