and the snuggly newborn days are quickly coming to an end. The days of sleeping for hours on end in my arms are more or less over, and Leah is looking like a BABY and not so much a newborn. She can hold her head up, look around, and spends a good portion of the day awake. She has chubby cheeks and has grown out of her newborn clothes and into 0-3. I know a lot of parents are anxious for the newborn phase to end, with the sleepless nights and endless feedings. My sweet Leah has given us a good 5-6 hour stretch of sleep every night for a couple of weeks. I love feeding and cuddling her all day. And of course, that being combined with the fact that this is the last time we will do this...I am a little sad to see these early days of no schedule or routine and random naps coming to an end.
Two more weeks until I head back to work. As of now I am feeling ok about it. We have established that I would not be happy as a stay at home mom. I would have liked to have taken the rest of the year off, but 7-8 months off of work is probably too long. It is probably a good thing I have a couple of months between maternity leave and summer!
I am ready to take my classes back, to see the teenagers again, to talk to adults during the day, to wear dress pants (provided I can fit into them by then), to have a routine. But, Leah is still so small and I can't stand the thought of leaving her. Plus, I am anxious about pumping at work. My room is occupied during my plan period, so I haven't figured out how that is going to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment