Friday, February 18, 2011

the weight loss

I'm sure you knew this was coming, as it has been a common theme each time I give birth!

Well, I'm mad. With Patrick, I was back into my "size up" dress pants before he was a month old. I remember wearing them to church on Christmas and then to my substitute teaching jobs starting when he was 5 weeks old. I gained about 10 pounds less with him than I did with Leah.

10 pounds is not really that much, so I thought I'd be back in those pants by now. Not so much. Two weeks ago I couldn't even get them over my hips. Tried them again today, I go them on but could barely get them buttoned. Had I left them that way, the button surely would have popped.
My Wii Fit has NEVER yelled at me for being overweight. I got it for Christmas after he was born, meaning he was around a month old and I was in the "normal" range already by then. When I started weighing myself 2 weeks ago? Overweight. Today I was right on the line between normal and overweight, but it still made that dorky noise and made my Mii look fatter. Nice.

So, I'm mad. I get up early everyday and alternate between the treadmill and my Jillian videos. I actually have Jillian iFit cards for my treadmill because I like to have her yelling at me 7 days a week. I am also using My Fitness Pal on my phone to count calories. I'm pretty sure I'd be terrible at calorie counting if I weren't breastfeeding. I get 1700 calories and I still have trouble staying under, haha!

The goal is to be in my "size up" pants to go back to work. I am so. sick. of. maternity. pants. And, I can only imagine what the teenagers will say if they catch me hiking my elastic waistband pants.

No comments: