Sunday, June 26, 2011

summer in paradise

I am surprised by how relaxed and content and happy I am this summer. Confused by it, actually, until I realized that the past few summers have been kinda sucky:

2006: 1st half wrote masters thesis; 2nd half sick & pregnant
2007: ok, not so bad....home with new baby. I was really bored, though. (You know, and that is something I don't think you can admit until you are out of it. Being home with one baby who doesn't talk or do anything is sooooooooooooo boring. At least, it was for me! But I thought it made me a bad mom to feel that way, so I pretended like I loved it. I didn't.)
2008: Sick & pregnant again. Craptastic Ohio apartment. House in FL that wouldn't sell. Blech.
2009: Living with the inlaws. It turned out to be not-so-bad, but the job/financial stress of the situation was rough.
2010: Sick & pregnant once more
2011: ......crickets chirp....NOTHING. NO drama this summer! I know I've said it before, but Leah is a DREAM baby. My boys are at such a fun age - we do the zoo, the library, the pool, the park, they love it all. I'm not sick. We don't have any major life drama going on. Live is gooooooood this summer!

1 comment:

Sara H said...

You deserve every second of your lovely, low-key summer. Soak it up!