woke up at 6:45 this morning (i have to leave the house at 6:30)
in a mad dash to my closet, mike mumbles that it's still dark......turns out it was 4:45, i just hit the alarm clock too hard and changed the time.
go back to bed, without setting the alarm.
wake up at 6:45 again, no coffee since I'm really behind. whole day is off.
Our cultural expo is this week so I met with my teammates this morning to go over our part. They laugh at me for putting state standards on the plans. Ugh. I do what I'm supposed to do and THEY keep their jobs when I get dumped. I tried to explain but my caffeine-free brain just spewed out nonsense about getting in trouble for not having standards on there (that would NOT happen and they know it). I tried to save it later by saying I included them so we could use the plan in our portfolios but they know I'm full of crap. For real people, just be happy somebody did the work for you and quit picking on me for being anal. That's the real reason why I do all that crap anyway, and they know it.
I am very worried about the expo. I keep thinking of all these things that haven't been done, but I don't want to make everyone think I could have done a better job then they could....every time I mention something like, "Maybe we should tell them to start coming in 10-15 minutes early. We can't start on time if 600 kids are all trying to come in 1 minute before it starts" I get a look like I'm some kind of a brat. I just don't want my name on it if it's going to suck. That's a lot of teachers to look stupid in front of.
I'm already fired so who cares if I look stupid or if they think I'm an anal brat.
Nice attitude, huh :) It's because of the lack of coffee 18 hours ago, I promise.
I thought I had a lead on a job closer to home but it turns out that Tampa posts jobs for in-county transfers on the web for all to see. I can't apply for any of them until JUNE.
each day i spend at that place reminds me of how much i can't wait to get out of there. except for the kiddos, i will miss them terribly :( and my team too, i really do like them. Emilie and Mikie and I are actually pretty good friends. we'll all be a lot nicer AFTER the expo.
No comments:
Post a Comment