I am dreading these last couple of weeks. It is kind of emotional packing up my classroom. I've been in Portable #9 longer than I've lived anyplace since I graduated from high school. Mike and I weren't even in our first apartment as long as I've been on portable row. On top of that the kids are being melodramatic. As young as they are, most of them will probably forget I was even there by August but right now me leaving is JUST DEVASTATING. I started sending students down to Joan's room with instruments/text books, etc today and I guess that has triggered it.
They had a photo montage of all of us that are leaving at the staff meeting today. The picture of me kissing the skunk last year was included. I thought it was kind of weird, seemed almost forced. Anyway, they made us all come up one by one and gave us a certificate and a paperweight.
Please let these last 13 days go fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment