Friday, December 30, 2005

christmas

Well here I am in the last few days of sweet sweet vacation.

I am NOT happy about going back, but I also don't feel like puking like I did when I worked in Sarasota. Kinda nice.

It was a very nice Christmas, and my two weeks off have been good. Mike's parents arrived early afternoon on Wednesday the 21st. They usually don't get here that far before Christmas......I say usually, when this is only our 4th Christmas here (3 married, 1 engaged). They normally get here Christmas Eve at the absolute earliest.

Anyway, we spent that Wednesday here, fixed a steak dinner for a belated birthday for mom in law. Opened Christmas presents that night. I know, we are TERRIBLE.

The rest of the days, besides Christmas of course, were spent in a combination of hanging out at their hotel by the beach (COLD), shopping, fixing the hole Mike put in the ceiling, and of course, playing cards. We spent Christmas Eve and Day here at our house, I did the meal. Those 2 days were pretty boring. I was ready to get out of the house again on Monday. Mike of course worked his regular schedule and was not around much. Got to eat out at the Melting Pot, Bellas, and the Front Porch.

So it was a nice visit. I cried and got depressed when they left......combination of being alone again, Christmas being over and all the pretty decorations coming down, and having to go back to work soon. I always have a very hard time when they leave after Christmas. So we spend that day spending more than we have on new stuff for the house to fill the hole the Holiday decorations left. Since Deb taught me how to do floral arrangements (and made me a gorgeous one for my dining room table) I made a winter wreath and an arrangement for the living room shelves. Mike planted red and white petunias in the hanging baskets on the porch to replace the poinsettias. We had a romantic dinner last night....wine, candles, music, etc. It was fun :)

Mike is working tonight :( So I am here getting myself, my house, and our finances back on track. Have not input one reciept since before the inlaws got here, so that will be ugly. Also need to put together a playlist for my January units, do my toes, and finish up a little laundry. So not too much work to do, we did a lot of the house work yesterday.

Tomorrow night is New Years Eve. Not one of my favorite holidays. Mike is working, so I think Kelly and I are going to Whiskey Park. Should be fun :)

Got LOTS of I Tunes gift cards for christmas, so have been downloading so great music.

No comments: