Sunday, January 1, 2006

happy new year

Best wishes to everyone in 2006!

I (voluntarily) go back to work tomorrow. Most of the staff is taking comp time to sleep in one more day, but I ditzed around the school socializing through most of December so I have some work to do. I'll save that comp time for post planning in May - I never need that day anyway.

Had a private New Year's party with Mike today.....we made party foods and sat around and watched our Scrubs DVDs until he went to work at 3:30. Then I started my normal Sunday night routine of calling the parents and getting ready for................Monday morning :(

Need to find a project to keep me occupied in the early New Year. I always get kinda bummed going back to work after Christmas and usually get my spirits up with something expensive. The first year we were married I planned our trip to New York. Last year we bought a house. Can't afford either of those this year since our 2006 resolution is to pay off the credit cards. So I'm anxious to get started doing SOMETHING - planting out front, but it's still kinda early for that -- probably should hold off a bit longer, even though it is warm enough. Maybe cooking classes? I am taking 2 grad classes this spring, that will keep me busy too.


Probably an unhealthy habit to get into but --

****************11 weeks until Spring Break**************************

No comments: