vacation!!!! one more week!!!!
although, i am not finding myself just dying to get through every agonizing day like did during my first two years. i am enjoying being with the kids, and although vacation will be WELCOMED, ENJOYED, and BID A SORROWFUL GOODBYE ON JAN 2, i do not dread going to work each day like i remember doing before. we are having a good time.
They are replacing my roof over the break and it won't be done by the time we get back. That means I am moving into a portable with Coach Taylor. It's been last-minute rush around to get everything ready for that. I have to make sure I have everything I need to do grades when we get back. I'm not to worried about taking a lot of stuff with me, I've gotten to the point where if needed, I can teach with my ipod and speakers. I just bought 20 more songs to use with the kids, just in case. I will be out for 3 days of portable time, so will need to leave my sub with something more substantial. Anyway, at first it was going to be "a couple of days....we'll probably have you going from classroom to classroom." They haven't said it's going to be longer, but that fact that I am moving into portable #80 tells me that this will most likely be an extended stay.
Christmas shopping is finished except for a couple of gift cards and something for Mike. He's a snoop so I have to last minute him. I ordered most of the gifts to go to the midwest online and shipped them to my mom to wrap. I feel TERRIBLE about that, but last year I had them all shipped to me, wrapped them, boxed them all back up, and paid almost $100 to ship it home. Not doing that again. Maybe next year I'll have it all done by Thanksgiving and wrap it when I'm home.
Our house is all decorated, some pics are up on my webshots if you want to see. Spent the weekend making goodies, working on some chocolate dipped pretzels now for me to snack on while I doctor these papers and watch 15 and pregnant. (Best movie ever).
Speaking of the papers (my ethical question, remember?) Well, I asked Neal if he was using the same papers from ESOL 1 and he said "hell yeah I am.....but I am changing the transitions." Apparently USF says it is NOT ok to use the same paper twice. I think that's crap, but I'm not going to fail the class or get kicked out of the program over it. It IS okay to use the same RESEARCH, so I am rewriting the papers I wrote in the summer using the same research. That's pretty easy, and almost not cheating. I finished my other paper Monday evening. I have no idea how long it should be....mine is 10 pages of transcription (enough) and 10 pages of analysis (hopefully enough????). That is the only grade I will have for that class except for the midterm and the 2 i didn't cheat papers. But those added together are half the amount of points as the big paper.....so I have to do well. I would hate to ruin my 4.0 over that.
OK, back to doctoring.
No comments:
Post a Comment