For starters, I wish we had more pics of this stuff. It really is true that you don't take as many of the second baby, and I hate that!!! What we do have is private on Flickr, let me know if you need access.
Fun stuff we did this summer:
- Daniel's first Otter's game. He loved it! I mean, what's not to love? Cheering, music, Cracker Jack, Ice Cream, staying up past bed time.... Patrick? Not so much, but he hung in there :)
- Swimming! I have 2 little fishies, that's for sure!! Daniel is great in the water. If he goes under, he pops right back up and doesn't freak out. Patrick tries to swim, too. If you put his chest and tummy in the water, he sticks his head up and paddles his arms.
- County fair. If you know Daniel at all, it's a no-brainer that he was allllllllll about the fair. The child loves tractors, so he was in heaven at the tractor pull. He's also a big fan of animals and junk food, so this was a big night for him. Patrick was interested as well, and tried to eat Daniel's corn dog. Really!
- Fun in French Lick. Who knew we had such a fun place just right down the road! It rained, but we swam in the indoor pool and had a blast. Daniel enjoyed playing with his trucks on the front porch of the hotel, and Patrick loved the beautiful high painted ceilings. Mike and I discovered that we aren't gamblers :) How is it that we are approaching 30 and had never been inside a casino up until now?
- Cookouts and various family fun. Most of our fun times are spent with our family. I never thought we'd have that be a regular, normal part of our lives, but it is now and we are loving it. Kristin & John and Jessica & Brandon have us over all the time, and it's so much fun. We play games and have fun fruity drinks here at Dan & Debbie's on a regular basis as well.
- Yard sales! Debbie and I started getting up at 6:30 to hit the sales early this summer. I even braved it alone with the boys once when she was out of town. (They did great. I bought Daniel 2 toy cars at the first one and he was all set for the rest of the morning). Treasures: $3 matching Radio Flyer tricycles for the boys, Vera Bradley pretties, Gap and Gymbo haul for Patrick, and many others.
That about sums it up. Summer '09 has been a great one, and I'm sure with a family like ours, the fun will continue as long as the weather stays nice :)
1 comment:
What a great summer! Thanks for your post about going back to work. I can relate - it seems like I spend all day calculating when I can get a free moment to eat. Best of luck in your new classroom. I always looked forward to music class as a kid!
Post a Comment