Saturday, August 15, 2009

August madness update

Just as I expected, I'm exhausted. Overwhelmed. One strange look from a coworker, student, family member, or random person away from a meltdown at basically every second.

Well, not quite that bad :) But, there is a lot going on and I am ready for this month to be over and to get to our "new normal" life.

Week of Aug 2 - We closed on the house and yanked out all the carpet. It was nasty. I wasn't expecting it to be such a dirty and time consuming job. Family members came over to help remove hundreds of staples from the floor. Pops, John, Mike, and Dan did the sanding on our hardwood floors. I went to new teacher training Thurs and Fri.

Week of Aug 9 (oooooooooooooooooh em gee this has been a long week!) - Floors were stained on Sunday. Didn't really take long with all of the help. Varnish went down Tue, Wed, and Thurs. Floors complete!!! Today was a painting day, with more ahead tomorrow. I started my new job on Monday and met the new students on Tuesday. So far I like it. It is a LOT of work though. And of course, I hate being new, but this is a familiar story for those of you who've hung around my blog for awhile.

Pictures are on Facebook, and I may eventually get around to posting them here too.

This week, I hope to get the entire house cleaned well so that we can move the stuff in on Saturday. We will continue to live here at Dan & Debbie's until I can get everything unpacked. I am telling myself it will be Labor Day weekend, but I am hoping I can get it done sooner than that.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hang in there - before you know it you'll be settled in your routine and all of this hard work will be well worth it.