1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Refinished hardwood floors, taught middle school choir, lived with my inlaws.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really remember. I know I wanted to lose the baby weight, which I did, and that I wanted to breastfeed for a year, which I also did. I wanted a HOUSE, which we got ...... just not in the city I had planned on.
2010 resolutions are in a different post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so........several people I know from HS and college did, but I don't think any close friends or family. Not sure - hope I am not forgetting anyone!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope
5. What countries did you visit?
I've never been out of the country.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I would like not to move out of state :)
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 3 - the day we found out Mike's job was gone.
August 1 - the day we closed on our house!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
2009 has probably been our most difficult year yet, and I feel like our relationship and family stayed strong through it. I am also proud that our savings stayed intact even when neither of us was bringing in any money.9. What was your biggest failure?
Worrying too much and not enjoying every moment.10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, NO.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our house
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mike for handling losing his job and essentially changing careers so well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
no one that I can think of.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Houses - the one we own, and the one we sold but still owe money on (GRRRRRRRRRRR)
15. What did you get really excited about?
FALL. After 5 years in Florida, I was so excited about the colors, the weather getting cooler, and all of the fun events of the fall! And it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
That weird "Kiss Me Through the Phone" song. What is that even about???
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? about the same
– thinner or fatter? thinner :) I was 1 month postpartum this time last year!!!
– richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
playing with my kids (I don't know that I can ever do enough of that)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worry
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Here in town with our family. It was cool being here for the holidays. We have only been in town for 1 Christmas since 2002.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with FALL. I LOVED being in the midwest for fall again :)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee, House, Greys, The Office, So You Think You Can Dance.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot when I was subbing at the beginning of the year, but I can't remember what. I really miss that aspect of subbing.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't really know.
26. What did you want and get?
A HOUSE!!!!!!!! I was so miserable in that apartment.
27. What did you want and not get?
Not realistic, but I want the house to be all renovated the way I want it to. We are years away from that. I also wanted to stay home with the kids until they went to school. I am ok with things the way they are, but still a little disappointed about that.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have not been to a movie since 2006. OH WAIT!!! Mike and I went to the drive in on our anniversary and saw Up and The Proposal. Both very good.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29 on Nov. 6th, and I was in Indianapolis for a meeting. We spent one evening with my college roommate, that was fun!!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would say Mike keeping his job, but I don't necessarily know if that's true. Maybe if I were having my 2nd or 3rd year at my new school instead of my 1st? I love my job, but the 1st year is sooooooo very hard.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I nursed Patrick for the entire year! So, anything to make that discreet and easy :) I'm happy NOT to have to plan outfits around pregnancy or nursing in 2010 - first year since 2006 I haven't had to!!!
32. What kept you sane?
Fun weekends with family, my mom's msg board (we've been talking since D was a baby)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am pretty much in love with Mr. Schuster on Glee, haha.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I was very into this whole mess last year, but not so much anymore.
35. Who did you miss?
Oh my. Liz & Shawn. Kelly. Lisa M. Everyone at Seminole and Holy Trinity. My neighbors on Alva St.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My new coworkers :)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Wanna make God laugh? Make a plan :)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I hate these kinds of questions. I have no idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment