Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to work

...and I already broke the resolution about leaving work at work. It's time to start choreographing some of the numbers for the musical, and I was in the mood to do that last night. We started putting some of it on stage today - thankfully it went very well. I am totally convinced we chose the right kids. They picked it up without a problem and did exactly what I asked.....even if what I asked turned out to be NOT what I wanted. They have such great ideas, too.

This whole musical thing is so new to me. I have to really work on NOT getting ahead of myself and just focusing on one week at a time........one day at a time, actually. Two months and change doesn't sound like enough time to get this together, but I know it is. And I have TONS of great help :)

My work during the actual school day totally knocked me out today. New grading period means four new classes for me (out of 6). For some reason, I planned on teaching procedures yesterday and then having them just jump right in to doing it perfectly today. Ha. How quickly I forget. Today ended up being more difficult than yesterday because I wasn't anticipating how much help they'd need with remembering my procedures.........not to mention schedule changes, new students, etc.

No comments: