Sunday, January 17, 2010

another resolution: broken

Well, the blogging twice a week is already out the window, haha. I had all of these big plans over break - you know, when I was sleeping until 8, laying around in sweats most of the day. Then reality hit and I am barely able to function once I get home from play practice at 5:30. My entire day is mentally and physically exhausting, but I love it while I'm there and I don't feel the exhaustion until it's over :) I hate it because I feel like I am missing out on my kids. Sometimes it's almost like they play around me while I try to stay awake until 8 p.m. I am not terribly upset about it because a) there's nothing I can do to change it, b) the play is in two months and then we'll get back to normal, and c) my first year at both of my other schools was insanely exhausting, and then got much better once I got my feet wet. I know next year will be better.

To be honest, I think I will probably be better once we don't have a day off every week. NOT that I'm complaining about that, but it makes it really difficult to get into a routine!! I have very little to complain about. After knowing what it's like to NOT have a job, plus knowing what OTHER people go through? Nope, we're pretty content here!!!

No comments: