I know they are eventually going to have it at parties and such, but I don't see the point in giving it to them at their current age.
4 comments:
Erin
said...
I agree with you. I don't let Carter have french fries yet, either, and get the big eye roll at that. :) We do potatoes, just not potatoes that have been soaked in oil.
I get really upset about things like this. Your kid, your rules. Period.
I am also VERY lenient about a LOT of things where grandparents, aunts, and uncles are concerned, so I get a bit annoyed when people roll their eyes at the VERY few things I am strict about.
i agree too kara, its better to put your foot down now than to try to take it away after you realized it was a mistake...i think as parents, good parents, when people call me overprotective i feel better to me it means i really care about my children and only want what i feel is best for them! Kudos for being strict!
Brenden has only had soda a few times and he is 5. Most of those times were for an upset belly. So much so he calls Sprite, belly ache soda. I don't think this is being overprotective, I think it is just being protective period.
4 comments:
I agree with you. I don't let Carter have french fries yet, either, and get the big eye roll at that. :) We do potatoes, just not potatoes that have been soaked in oil.
I get really upset about things like this. Your kid, your rules. Period.
I am also VERY lenient about a LOT of things where grandparents, aunts, and uncles are concerned, so I get a bit annoyed when people roll their eyes at the VERY few things I am strict about.
i agree too kara, its better to put your foot down now than to try to take it away after you realized it was a mistake...i think as parents, good parents, when people call me overprotective i feel better to me it means i really care about my children and only want what i feel is best for them! Kudos for being strict!
Brenden has only had soda a few times and he is 5. Most of those times were for an upset belly. So much so he calls Sprite, belly ache soda. I don't think this is being overprotective, I think it is just being protective period.
Post a Comment