Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy 2010 everyone! 2009 was kind of a wild ride (good, but wild), and I am excited for a new year. Here are some of my hopes/wishes/goals for the year:

Healthy boys!
- We have been incredibly blessed that our kids haven't been sick. Not even minor illnesses like puking or ear infections. I am definitely hoping this continues.

Mike's business
- So far, so good. I love that he is home with the boys most of the time and that he is mostly happy with what he is doing. I hope that this continues to work out at least until they are both in school. For now, we'll just pray that it makes it through 2010. And, I hope he gets to a point where he is completely happy with it.

The house
- Finish the kitchen. Lots of little details left to work on, plus some accessories are needed. I want to tackle the front yard this spring. We will also try to redo one room - probably the boys' bedroom at the end of the year. They will be close to outgrowing the crib and toddler bed by then.

My work
- I would like to CALM DOWN! I expend so much time and energy into worrying about this job. To be honest, a lot of the things I have to do as far as performances REALLY freak me out. However, a couple of those things have already happened and guess what? They were totally doable and not as scary as I had imagined. Definitely not worth all the time I invested into freaking out about them :) I am really going to try to settle down. I think just getting through the 1st year will help, but I am going to start working on this NOW.

Accept that I will never be "caught up"
- I am constantly cleaning/doing laundry/etc in effort to get caught up. As soon as I'm done, there's another mess, another load of laundry, another meal to fix. 2 kids, a dog, a house, a full time job, a husband with his own business, and tons of extended family obligations? I need to face the fact that I won't be caught up, that the house will never be perfectly clean, and just do the best I can and spend the rest of the time with my boys, who are growing up way to fast!!!

Not move out of state
- I think we'll probably manage this one :)

Blog more
- This blog isn't what it used to be, I know. I'm going to make 2 posts a week as my goal, and not just blog about the kids. Work, extended family, the house, etc will be other topics.

God's blessings for a wonderful 2010 to all of my readers!

No comments: