"Oooh, she's so sweet now! Just wait until she's a teenager..."
I have so much appreciation for the two moms who have come up to me since Leah was born to tell me how wonderful their teenage daughters are. Both of them had tears in their eyes and told me that their daughters are their best friends and not to listen to all of the negative people who warn me about the teenage years.
And second.....ummmmm, I teach middle school choir. Trust me, I know allllll about teenage girl drama, haha! And honestly, if I think about the majority of the girls in my choir, I would be proud if my daughter turned out like that. Sure they have their moments, their eye rolls, and *that look* that says, 'you are stupid and have no idea what you are talking about.' But they are sweet. They wrote on my Facebook wall to tell me that they missed me while I was on leave. They catch on pretty quickly if I am having a bad day and do little things to try to make it better. They compliment my earrings and tell me I'm getting skinny. And, they tell me things. They want to talk and get to know me, and they want me to know them.
I really don't think having a teenage daughter is going to be the worst thing ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment